11 October, 2010

11 October, 1943

438th AAA AW BN
Camp Edwards, Mass
Sept 14, 1943    0905

Hello Darling -

I am now ready to sit down amidst turmoil and confusion and write you a “lengthy” epistle, dear. First – let me thank you, darling, for a wonderful week-end, every minute of which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was all the more enjoyable because it was unexpected – something extra, so to speak.

We arrived here at 0015 – after an uneventful trip. It was cold, dear, and Pete did use the blanket. Charlie came in from Philly just as I was falling off to sleep – so we bulled a little. I slept well, but before you could say “I Love You” – it was 0545 and we were off for revelry and calisthenics. I have already done a bit of work this a.m., have sent the films down the line to be developed, written a card to the folks and Stan and here I am Sweetheart. I’ve got to go to the bank soon – no not to draw money for myself, but to straighten out some details about Medical Detachment Fund, of which I am custodian. I don’t know as yet whether anything new has developed, dear, but as usual I’ll keep you posted on the latest development.

Well, darling, I’m surprised I’ve been able to get this far this a.m. I’ll close now and write tomorrow, dear. Until then – or rather until tonite when I call you – So long for now.

With Sincerest Love
Greg
Oh yes – I do Love You.
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment