13 October, 2010

13 October, 1943

438th AAA AW BN
Camp Edwards, Mass
Oct. 13, 1943    0725

Darling Wilma –

I was surprised, sorry and worried to hear that you were ill and I do hope that by now your throat is greatly improved. With your tonsil tabs removed – you shouldn’t be getting sore throats, dear, but I will say this – your cigarette smoking is certainly a contributory factor. Anyway, dear, I hope you are feeling better by now.

As you know, I had to attend a Court Martial last night. It lasted until 2200, and just in time for bed. This a.m., Sweetheart, I really feel rested for the first time this week – and by week-end’s time, I’ll be raring to go – so you had better be cured!

Your mention of writing to your folks, dear, worried me a little, in view of what you had to say concerning your feelings towards them Sunday night. I hope you didn’t write anything to hurt their feelings or antagonize them in any way. That is not the way to approach the matter at all – as of course you know, dear.

This morning, darling, our sick call is tremendous, so I’m beginning to suspect a bit of Gold-bricking. If so, I have the medicine necessary to prevent a recurrence.

And so help me, dear, I have not yet gone over to the car to look for your bars. I don’t think I’ll find them there, though – because I was in the car Monday a.m. and didn’t notice a thing.

Concerning this week-end, Sweetheart, – right now I see no reason why I won’t be off. Remember, always though – this is the Army. I can’t foresee any complication right now. It will certainly be a treat to be able to get in again. I’ve applied for gas. The rationing board is here on the Post, and with my tongue in my cheek, I wrote that I see Officers’ wives and children off the Post when they’re sick. I do, actually, but in Govt. transportation. Shh!

Darling – I’ll stop now and I’m looking forward to calling you later today. I hope you’re feeling much better, dear – and please take care of yourself. So long for now and

All my love
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment