17 October, 2010

14 October, 1943

[Note from FOURTHCHILD:
Oops! Thought I'd posted this on the 14th and neglected to check.]

438th AAA AW BN
Camp Edwards, Mass
Oct. 14, 1943    0655

Dearest Girl -

I’ll be writing swiftly again today, dear, because I have another lecture this morning from 0730 – 0830 (and Friday too, incidentally.) I got here this a.m. a little bit earlier so that I could get started.

I was glad to hear, darling, that you were feeling better; but I don’t like the idea that you still have a temperature. So take care of yourself until you are afebrile, will you dear?

Last night after I spoke with you – we had a songfest, about ½ dozen of us, in the shower room. About 8:30 p.m. we decided to go over to the Coon Club and relax awhile. So we did and had a few. Nothing strenuous, dear – nothing strenuous. We got back a little after midnight. Incidentally, Sweetheart, have you by any chance noticed the moon these past few nights? It’s very very aggravating to be alone on such nights, dear, but having someone dear to think of – helps a great deal.

I believe I told you, darling, about the gas – I hope I get the tickets on Friday. Your last letter, Sweetheart, was frank, but so are you and I love you for that as well as for many other reasons. Remember that I’m not used to telling girls I love them and inherently I’m perhaps less outwardly affectionate than you, dear – but I still don’t think you’ll find me wanting.

Darling I know this is short – but I’ve got to go now. I’ll tell you all the nice things I think of when I see you Saturday night, and that day can’t come too soon for me. Until tonight, then, darling – so long and

All my love
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment