16 November, 2010

16 November, 1943

438th AAA AW BN
APO 4916 c/o Postmaster N.Y.
Nov. 16, 1943    1430

Dearest Sweetheart –

It was with extreme surprise and pleasure that I received your letter (one) a short while ago. It was one which you wrote Nov. 12 and before I had called you Friday night. I don’t know what has become of your other letters but I’m sure I’ll get them all very soon now, dear.

This was a very busy day in camp, darling, for many reasons, but my wash is about done at this point and I now can sit back and relax.

I guess all in all it was best that we didn’t meet in New York. As you said, it could have been very trying. And by the way, Sweetheart – I do hope you are managing to get enough work and studying done to do a good job in your exams. I know you’ll pass, but you should do much better than that.

I keep thinking about your Birthday and graduation, and it makes me sad to think I won’t be able to spend either with you. But I’ll be back to celebrate other Birthdays and gosh, darling, we’ll have a lot of fun doing it.

Yes, whatever else you do, you must be good in hygiene and allied subjects if you want to be a doctor’s wife, although I don’t really care – as long as you remain as sweet and lovable as you are.

Darling, this is all the time I have right now. Be good, dear and keep thinking of me. I’m glad and proud of what you write me concerning us and our future and don’t ever fear that anything you write to me will ever become boring.

So long, Sweetheart, so long. Send my fondest regards to your folks and thank the girls for their wishes. I don’t know when I’ll be able to write again – but until then – keep all my love.

Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment