27 November, 2010

27 November, 1943

V-MAIL


438th AAA AW BN
APO 515 c/o Postmaster N.Y.
Nov. 27, 1943    0905
Somewhere in England

Darling –

Note the new APO 515. I am now permitted to write that we are in England. I wrote it before it was permitted, unknowingly, and I think the mail must have been held up. I repeat these things in several letters so that if some letters are held up – one of them that gets through will explain.

How are you, Sweetheart? I hope well – and missing me just enough so that I’m always in your thoughts, just as you are in mine, dear. Gosh we’ll have a lot to talk about after the war! Not only will we have our close association then, but I will insist on re-living at least verbally – the time we spent apart. We’re going to be awfully busy, dear!

Darling, I am at present playing more contract bridge than you are, if you can believe it, and furthermore I’m enjoying it. I started in by filling in some hands during our trip, and I soon became a steady partner. So far, hardly a day has gone by without a rubber or two. By war’s end, dear, I may be able to keep up with you, and perhaps we’ll be able to hold our own against our townspeople.

Can’t write much more, Sweetheart. Take care of yourself and always remember that I love you very very much. So long for now and all my transoceanic love –

Greg
(I mean deep more than across)

Regards to the girls –
    All of them

No comments:

Post a Comment