22 January, 2011

22 January, 1944

V-MAIL

438th AAA AW BN
APO 527 % Postmaster, N.Y.
England
22 January, 1944
Dearest Sweetheart,

It’s not often I resort to V-mail but today was a busy one and involved many changes. I’m still busy, dear, but I had to take a few minutes off to write a few lines.

I don’t expect any mail today, darling, but I’m expecting a few recent ones any day now. Yesterday I finally sent out the box of knives, forks, ash-trays and miscellaneous items – so when you see a large box for you, don’t expect too much. Your mother will probably think I’m crazy for troubling to send stuff like that across the ocean – but then, dear – we have our sentiments.

Tomorrow I’ll write you a long letter, darling; I still have some things to discuss with you – from the big batch of letters the other day. For now, dear, so long – and

All my love
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment