22 March, 2011

22 March, 1944

V-MAIL

438th AAA AW BN
APO 578 % Postmaster, N.Y.
England
22 March, 1944      830
Darling –

By now you must know we’ve moved. This is a busy day but I wanted to let you know that our number is 578 (five, seven, eight) and not 230. If you used the latter already – it will reach us though.

Wilma, dear – I’ll write you a letter later in the day and tell you as much as I can about our new set-up. I just wanted to get this off so that you can get my new APO as soon as possible.

Everything is fine, darling, and if I thought I had a good set-up before – listen to this – we are now occupying a tremendous Castle – as living quarters for the officers! It defies the imagination – actually – but I’ll write in more detail tonite.

For now –
All my love
Greg
Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment