04 March, 2011

04 March, 1944

V-MAIL

438th AAA AW BN
APO 527 % Postmaster, N.Y.
England
4 March, 1944
Hello darling! –

Excuse the V-mail dear, but I really haven’t taken advantage of it very often, have I? It’s Saturday noon here – my leave is about half over and I haven’t done a darn thing except wander around from restaurant to restaurant – it seems. This p.m. I’m going down to the theater where the Lunts are playing “There Shall Be No Night” – just on the chance I might be able to pick up a ticket. If not – I’ll go down to Mme. Toussard’s Wax Museum – because as yet I haven’t done that.

Gosh, darling – I’m so lonesome for you and it makes me mad to think that when I was home – the longest I ever had to spend with you was a week-end, and here I’m just killing time. It doesn’t make sense – that’s all.

I’ll stop now, Sweetheart and run along because if you don’t get to an eating place just about at noon – you find yourself at the end of the queue and when you finally get in – they’re out of food. Give me the U.S.A. – darling – and you. So long for now – dear, – my thoughts are with you always and you have

All my love –
Greg
Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment