07 May, 2011

07 May, 1944 (to her Mother)

V-MAIL

438th AAA AW BN
APO 578 % Postmaster, N.Y.
England
Sunday, 7 May, 1944
Happy Mother’s Day – Mother!

I do wish I could be home to say that to you in person. I always enjoyed saying it to Mother and I would have a double pleasure now. Well – maybe next year.

I enjoyed your last letter very much, as I do all the letters I receive from you – and believe me – I do appreciate them. I’ll show you how much when I get back. Meanwhile I do feel that I’m getting to know and love my new set of parents for their thoughtfulness and sincerity towards me. I couldn’t wish for anything better!

Best regards to the family – and to you – again – my sincerest wishes for a pleasant Mothers’ day with many more to come.

Love
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment