28 May, 2011

28 May, 1944

V-MAIL

438th AAA AW BN
APO 654 % Postmaster, N.Y.
England
28 May, 1944        1235

Dear sweetheart –

Just got back from a rather long bike ride – on business; there was no other transportation available and the matter had to be taken care of. It was warm and I’m pretty tired. We’ll be eating soon and then I think I’ll soak in a tub. Later there are more details to take care of and I’ll be busy. I’m writing this now because I may not be able to write later, dear.

Gosh these past couple of days have been like summer and it makes me recall with nostalgia the first days when we first went out together. I thought the Spring would be tough, darling, but I guess Summer, Fall and Winter – will all be the same. I shall not be truly happy until I am close to you once again – Love to the folks.
All my love
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment