08 October, 2010

08 October, 1943

438th AAA AW BN
Camp Edwards, Mass
Oct. 8, 1943    0710

Darling -

This will not be a letter in any sense of the word; I like to think I’ll be able to see you tomorrow instead. If I don’t – there never will have been a more disappointed soldier in the Army, dear.

Not a damn definite word emanates from HQ. It is assumed that the enlisted men will be allowed to go on a pass, but the officers – ah yes! the officers – as usual get the short end of the stick.

I told Pete the arrangements we made and he’s about as anxious as I am. I assume you made reservations for dinner too, Sweetheart. If we do get off – we’ll proceed to Holyoke and stop at the Hotel to wash up and dress. I’ll call you when we arrive – if we’re late. If early, dear, we’ll change and proceed.

Now – not another word, darling – not another word – except to say I can hardly wait to see you and tell you how I feel about you. Well why doesn’t he say it! Well all right, dear – I love you tremendously and will tell you that! So long for now, dear and

All my love
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment