03 October, 2010

03 October, 1943

438th AAA AW BN
Camp Edwards, Mass
Oct. 3, 1943    0900

Dear Sweetheart -

If I write like fury without interruption – I may be able to get this out in this morning’s mail.

Darling – I missed you terribly after you left. I walked down about 2 cars and waited. I wanted to come back and kiss you again – but I thought it better not to – then I waited until your train pulled out and walked slowly away. My emotions could best be described as an admixture, dear – but one thing I was sure of, and that was that I knew I was deeply in love with you; I just felt like I had never felt before. It was a good feeling and one darling that will stand me in good stead for the duration I’m sure.

I called your Mother. She answered the phone and said she knew it was going to be I.

I got back to Camp at 11 p.m. or 2300 I should say. This a.m. has been terrible so far. I’ve already given a lecture 0730 – 0830 on Malaria – to the whole battalion – at one of the theaters. I haven’t seen the Col. as yet so I don’t know how much he was put out by my leaving Sat p.m. I understand everyone was around all week-end.

Dear – I’ve got to stop right now or the ambulance will leave. I’ll call you tonite dear and until then –

All my love
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment