21 November, 2010

21 November, 1943

[Note from FOURTHCHILD:
This letter was begun on ship on November 17th, 1943.
It continues as his passage continues across the Atlantic...]

Still at Sea –
(as to what to write)
without having it censored
Well, dear,

The voyage is still a pleasant one, the food is still good and everything seems safe. I haven’t done a thing but relax and I guess I needed it, because the last month or so was one of tension. So far I’m writing only to you and my folks. I’m not using V mail yet because there really isn’t much room to write.

[Note from FOURTHCHILD: These images are edited to keep them anonymous]


Below are a few things Greg sent home from the journey.


Aquitania Room Assignment - B Deck


Aquitania Mess Assignment - Second Sitting


Aquitania Berthing Assignment for
Greg's Medical Detachment - Section A11

No comments:

Post a Comment